Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mmmoooving right along...(In your best Austin Powers Voice)


32 Weeks

I apologize once again for the blurry mirror pic (no time to break out the camera). If you're observant you might notice a different background this time. Yep, we moved this week! As if having a baby isn't life changing enough, we thought we'd throw this in the mix. By the way, I'm not sure if my belly has quadrupled in size this week, or if these mirrors are just longer for me to notice, but yowzers!

On to the house...we'd just about given up on our house hunt before the baby came, but over Memorial weekend John saw a new listing pop up in the neighborhood we love. There weren't any pictures up yet, so we drove by, emailed our realtor, and looked that evening. There wasn't even a sign in the yard and there was already another couple leaving when we got there = /. We absolutely loved the inside. It had everything we wanted that all the other homes we saw had been missing.  We left the house almost in shock how much we liked it. John, being the conservative, patient, non impulsive one thought we should sleep on it. I told him, I don't think the other couple (who were basically high fiving when they left) were sleeping on anything. We've been looking for a year and a half and haven't even come close to feeling this way about a house. I would have been so sad to see this one go. With that being said we had an offer in writing by that evening. Since it was a holiday weekend and a few families were involved, we didn't find out until Wednesday night they accepted our offer. It was a restless 4 nights of sleep to say the least but when we found out, we were so excited! Although, about ten minutes later we went to bed and were sad we'd be leaving our first home soon. I think our conversation went something along the lines of, "Oh, but this is the house we brought Hank home to. I wonder how he'll feel about this?" Hmm, I have a feeling things might change real soon.We did decide to lease the house, so that helps a little.

We started moving last Saturday, and it has been quite the process to say the least. We've never had to move, as well as clean/fix up another house within 6 days. Oh and throw in being 32 weeks pregnant in 100 degree, muggy weather, with minimal sleep...lots of fun times this week. We know it's all worth it, and are so thrilled to finally be able to get settled. I absolutely can't wait to get the nursery done. The painter came by today to test out some grays I picked out, since gray can be tough, and it got me so excited (I was actually surprised we went with the first one). She'll come back Monday to paint, so next week I'll finally be putting this nesting mode to good use (besides driving John nuts). Although, I don't think I'm the only one in nesting mode. You should seriously see our house right now, I think all boxes are unpacked and just about everything is put away. I'm realizing how much John and I have in common. We don't rest well when things need to be done.

Here are some more blurry pics, some of you out of towners have been requesting. This was before we moved in. The outside pictures I just took, so sorry for the bad lighting and not getting a good view of the house, but you get the idea.

2817







Formal living/Dining


View from Formal living ( front bedrooms are off in the back)


View from dining (Looking out front)

Kitchen

 "Sun" Room



Kitchen window view


An actual pantry!

Living Room

I actually like that this room has carpet.


Front Bedroom

Front bedroom cont...


Jack and Jill Bathroom


Nursery




Master


Master front


Vanity in Master


Master closet ( we actually have 2 closets, it's a miracle!)


Master sinks ( a counter, another miracle!)


Backyard. I'm envisioning a long swing from that tree, weeee!


Feel free to come visit us anytime!! =)
 

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh I love it! So spacious! You two ENJOY your new home! I can't wait to come see it AND see the nursery! I'm so glad you guys were able to find something you absolutely love.

Amy L said...

You two are adorable! LOVE the new house and am so excited for you!

Sasha from "House Dressing Style" said...

Love your new abode! Super excited to see it . . . and the nursery . . . and Baby M IN the nursery soon!
X, S