Saturday, February 2, 2013
5 Months!
I know I say this every month, but how has it been 5 months since Max was born?! I think months 4 to 5 have been the most dramatic change. There are days where I can't believe how much he can do and what he seems to understand. He's been a ball of fun (except for what I think are teething moments) this past month. It doesn't take much to get him to smile and laugh. He likes to get our attention by coughing or saying, "Ah ah ah ah ah ah." We will wake up in the morning (or the middle of the night lately) to him talking to himself. He loves for us to make sounds and faces at him, and will try to imitate them. He's really aware of his surroundings and now prefers to sit up when taking a bottle so he can look around. He loves to be held so he can see everything that you're doing. I even started Baby Bjorning him while I make dinner. Hopefully he's paying close attention and will be cooking for us next week. Tummy time is no longer the worst thing ever. He's starting to sit up pretty well, although I still need to be close by. He loves his feet, and kicking his ball that hangs from his play yard. He gets some serious core work in some days. He loves to blow bubbles with his mouth. He's starting to watch Hank more, but not too interested yet. His first real food he tried a few weeks ago was carrots, and I thought he was choking every bite since he wasn't quite sure how to swallow real food. After day 3, and switching him to oatmeal, he started to get the hang of it. I've been sneaking carrots in his oatmeal this week, but he hasn't seemed to notice. He even likes to grab the spoon and feed himself, which also results in choking. Hopefully we'll get the hang of this solid food soon. He enjoys going to story time and music class at the library. He likes to watch other kids play and it's fun to see him reach for his other baby friends. He talks to his toys and tell us about his day at school while riding home in the car. I got his first project at school Thursday and it was the sweetest little footprint I've ever seen. I'm excited to see what changes month 5 will bring. Stay tuned... We're taking swim lessons with friends here in a few months. Happy 5 months sweet boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment