Monday, July 1, 2013

Diez




Well the times, they are a changin' around the Mabry household. One things for sure, M, like his parents, is on the move unless he's asleep. I don't know why I thought he'd fly under the radar with this trait, but he's into everything. He prefers the TV, coffee table, fireplace, and bangs on the door to go outside. He doesn't want to sit for a second, but stands, pull ups, and wants to walk everywhere. Even bath time has become extremely difficult since he tries to stand up. At his 9 month appointment Dr. Z told me he had the activity level of an 18 month old. He weighed 21.1 ounces (57%, starting to slim down) and 30 inches long (77%).  I finally purchased this "play pen", which will hopefully save him from a few bruises.

"I thought this was so much fun for the first 5 minutes."

M's also become pretty chatty this past month, but still no clear first words. He's started saying "ba" when he sees a ball, go figure. The boy loves his balls.  I think I sometimes hear a ma when he reaches for me, but it's probably my imagination. Speaking of reaching for me. The seperation anxiety has set in. He just started crying the past few weeks when I leave him at school. Even with his teacher, who he loves. He also started fussing a little when I give him to my mom and a few weeks ago his da da. =/  I was out of town this past week, and that seemed to help. I'm not gonna lie, I don't really mind if he's a mama's boy, but I was worried about this new phase since he was getting baptized this month. By the grace of God he made it through. Even more of a miracle was that he sat on the front row for an hour and 20 minutes before the actual baptism. Yes, my child who can't sit in a highchair at a restaurant for more than 10 minutes. True act of God I tell you. A few other new progressions this month are; he started feeding himself finger foods, walking with his walker, turning and lifting the pages in his pop up books (a few animals already have their heads taped on), 2 more teeth popping through on top (not the front two = Michael Strahan), which will make 4, and he LOVES to play catch with himself. This is one activity that will keep his attention for a good 30 minutes or so. He throws the ball and crawls to retrieve it. His dvd's, Pop Up Books, and walks are the few things he'll sit still for. I'm still not sure how we'd get out the door in the mornings if it weren't for Signing Times. He's a ball of energy and although we're extremely exhausted we're having fun watching him grow and see his personality develop.




He loves a good swing.
...and his bath.


At story time. He laughs every time she starts to sing.
Wants to be like his brother.
M's friends- Dawson, Nora, Henry, and Thomas.
Peek-a-boo fun while I make dinner.
Big boy at his  9 month check up.
"After"
He loves anything water.
He found the camera this past month. We lowered the crib 4 times within a few days.
"Still not quite sure what to do with this thing, besides swing and nail my head on the door frame."
He also discovered these.
Best buds.
Chillin' out max and relaxin' in Sasha's awesome chair. 
"I wish one of us could tell mom to let us out!"
Weee...
Any "ba" will do.

                                                               New form of entertainment...

Happy Father's Day, Dad!
Our plants finally arrived.
John recruited Brian and our neighbor, John, for help.
Splash park with G- Daddy.

Happy Baptism Day.

..and Happy first Father's Day to Dad.

Max made this video for John to tell him thanks for being such a great dad.

Let me out!
Still loving the weather.
Swimming with his cousins and friends.
Granna's hat is hilar.
This is already happening?
Partying like a rock star at Loretta's 1st birthday party.
M and his buddies.
I'm sure there will be late night Whataburger runs with these 3 in the future. 

Loretta's birthday party.


Big boy car seat. =(


Outside + walking = one happy boy!

I think he looks so much like my baby pictures here.
Circa '83

He had fun at Tulsa's new Children's Museum.

Crawling away from ma ma through the tape tunnel.
Weee!
Nothing like swinging at 7 am on a Saturday with his Harrison cousins.

Celebrating Zane's bday with Jack.

Just getting some core work in before cake.

Hazel taught Max a lot of tricks over the weekend.

Table Rock lake.

Waving at his new friend in the mirror, not napping.

Balls are SO much fun!
Just livin' the dream.

No comments: