Okay, I cheated a little. This pic was at 15 weeks and 7 days, but you get the idea. I apologize for the blurry pics. I need to start using our good camera, but the iPhone is much more convenient.
Over the past few weeks, I've had some pretty funny comments from friends and practices I call on. The first few comments were about the same. When I tell people the news they say,"Well I thought something was going on, because you're usually so tiny."= / Kylie let me know her husband Mitch told her,"You can SO tell Britni's pregnant!" I'm laughing because, yes, I hope to start looking pregnant, instead of feeling like I can't manage to loose the extra holiday weight, but now I know how it would feel to put on an extra 6 lbs for no reason. People notice! Ahh! John's the worst, because I tell him, I can't wait until it's obvious I'm pregnant instead of just looking extremely bloated all the time. When I show him my bump, he then tells me I'm getting SOOO big. Okay, no!! Never tell a female that, even if she's 9 months along. He was confused, and came back with something smart about the baby's really starting to develop... Anyway, this reminds me, Jessica Simpson was on Ellen a few weeks ago. Ellen usually is so complimentary of people, and only says positive things. Here's some of the comments she made to her, "Are you positive there's only one baby in there? I mean, are you going to go in to labor at any second? This doesn't even look real, it looks like a joke." Ahhh! I was dying!! Yes, she is absolutely enormous with a month to go at the time, but I thought Ellen would know better. I was wrong.
On a better note, I'm starting to feel so much better! I'm still exhausted by the end of the day. Especially days where I'm going nonstop, but I actually managed to stay up until 11, 5 nights this week! Wahoo! I know, I'm getting pretty crazy. I do have so much more energy, and I think the nausea is pretty much gone. We had recipe club on Thursday night, and I think I was the only person who didn't bring a dessert (that was a first). I actually managed to have sopapilla cheesecake (3 servings), a chocolate chip pretzel cookie, a chocolate cookie, cheesecake bites, a bird's nest, and some strawberry salsa for dinner. Things are looking up.
John and I are still leaning towards not finding out the sex, which is crazy for me being the planner I am. I could probably tell you what I'm having for dinner next Thursday, annoying I know. John's just never wanted to find out, so I hate to ruin that for him. The more I tell people, the more excited I am to wait until the birth to find out. It's just so exciting to me. I know the birth will be the best thing ever either way, but there are only a few genuine surprises in life. It could also be I'm the type of person if you have a present for me, I don't want to open it. I'd rather open presents after Christmas than before, so I can have something to look forward to. I would also rather give someone a present than get anything, which has been a great fix for me feeling the need to buy baby clothes. Rambling, okay with that being said, I'm so excited to wait to find out...until this week. I think it hit me, we could actually know the sex now! In reality I was shopping for one of our friends who's having a boy (first one of our friends not having a girl so far this year), and I see this little number...
I did it. First gendered clothing purchase I've made for Baby M. If she's a he, I will be more than happy to give it to a friend, but I couldn't let this one go.
The Banana
So we "inherited"/John took his family's 1972 Schwinn double seater that he had growing up. I believe they called this thing the Banana. We broke this bad boy out yesterday since it was such a beautiful day. We rode it to lunch, and along the way managed to swing by a few friend's houses ,who were also out enjoying the nice weather. I could not stop laughing on this thing. Here was my view for most of the trip...
We had a lot of looks along the way. It was awesome. Hank and I then spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on our much needed reading, while John went to watch basketball. I think I had a stack of 14 books and magazines I needed to get to. Ignore the pinky in shot 1.
Just a day in the life of Hank. I love this guy. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend enjoying this beautiful weather!







4 comments:
Britni, You need a bit more bump than you have! Four babies later and that will be your usual look!!! Glad that you and John are enjoying the banana and your view is exactly what I saw every time I rode it. Jim's hair was never that long but he did have a moustache. Take care of yourself and that fetus!
I just love that little bump! Hold strong, I know not finding out is hard at this stage. In a few weeks the little bundle will start moving around and you will get motivated to wait again. It is worth it in the end! Plus you know what the pencil said...and it’s never wrong :)
Oh you bought an article of clothing! Don't worry, Dawson will snag that from Baby M is she is a he :)
I love the bike. I saw a couple recently riding a two-seater with a baby basket AND a side car for their dog. Something to think about for the fall... xo
Post a Comment