Yes, I'm Pregnant! John, Hank, and I could not be more thrilled to welcome a fourth member to our family late Summer/early Fall. We found out on December 30th, and this was news that was so hard to keep a secret. Here's the pic we decided to use to announce the Big News. Keep in mind this was the first "test" picture of our photo session. We went to Riverside (okay drove by, it was pretty crowded), Woodward Park, Utica Square, and ended up with this lovely photo in our backyard, with so much crap in the background. Obviously, Hank was not as thrilled about this as we were, and I think the camera added 10 lbs per photo taken. Plus, let's just say Hank decided not to be shy in the nether regions (probably one of the few times I've seen this happen). I think he was trying to sabotage the photo session and just wanted it to be over.
How am I feeling? This is the question I get often, which is so nice of everyone to ask. I'm not going to complain, except to John after he enjoys his caffeine, uninterrupted sleep, long runs, normal energy levels, and happy hours, and I'm so thankful for symptoms.
What am I eating? Well let's start with what am I not eating- donuts, sweets, coffee, chicken (unless it's fried), and I haven't baked since December. This is revolutionary. I actually had trouble getting on Pinterest for a few weeks, because it made me sick to look at all the food. It's so weird for me to walk into QT, want to vomit as I pass the donuts, which is usually a ritual, and head straight for the sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit and pile on hot sauce. *Side note- whoever made the rule, "You don't need to be eating for two, but your baby actually only needs an extra 300 calories a day," has obviously never been nauseous while pregnant, or pregnant for that matter. Don't make me feel bad when I easily consume 800 calories (conservative) more than before, it makes baby feel better. I will honestly leave the grocery store, and sit in the parking lot and eat pickles and half the bag of goldfish before I even start the car. You would think I haven't eaten in 2 days, but in reality I have eaten twice already, and it's 10 am. I'm eating every hour on the hour these items: oatmeal, bagels with cream cheese, Triscuits with laughing cow cheese, goldfish, cereal (specifically Cheerios, Kix (thanks Jamie), and Corn Flakes- how exciting), cheese, honey crisp apples, pickles usually before 8 am, pizza, potatoes, and bean burritos daily. I told John this baby has a good chance coming out Hispanic with all the burritos I eat. Going to the grocery store takes so much longer and is a bit more pricey these days, because it's always a process to see what snacks this baby is going to want for the week.
Am I still running? Yes! Not as far, but probably more often. There's a few things that make me feel better, and that's eating and exercising. I'm definitely not able to hop out of bed in the morning and take Hank for a jog, but I try to go later in the day, especially since it's been so nice out. I have a feeling I might become a little cranky this hot summer, when I'm too big to run. That's when I'll need some extra burritos.
Baby M Update- We had an appointment with Dr. Ribaudo Thursday. This was my favorite appointment so far. We'll only have 2 ultrasounds the whole pregnancy, but Dr. Ribaudo has a hand held doppler where we get to see what the baby's up to every time. John and I couldn't believe how much Baby M had grown! We got to see the eyes, arms, fingers, legs, toes, umbilical cord. Baby was just doing somersaults in there, it was the neatest thing. Dr. R was trying to show us where everything was, and all of a sudden we see a precious little foot just press up against the screen. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. As much as I feel pregnant, this made it so much more real. It made me want to eat more fruit or a salad (which I haven't touched in 3 months), so I'd make sure I was taking care of baby. I'm pretty sure I had an apple, but I think Baby M was much more happy with the two bowls of queso I consumed last night.
I hope to keep up with B+3 with new updates, but don't be disappointed Mom and Meg if not. Let's face it, I had my first 1/4 cup of cappuccino in over 3 months this morning and have been highly motivated.

12 comments:
Well this is exciting! I can't wait to read your blog updates as you start this new journey! Congrats to you all!
Love the blog!! I also love that your baby could be Mexican.. hilarious.
I love the blog. It is the most information I have heard from you in my life. Ha.
SO fun! I will deliver a donut cake to your house when Baby M debuts!
xoxo
yay! i love the blog, brit! can't wait to read the updates. xo.
Loved reading the post and can't wait to read all of the updates!
Britni- this blog is as cute as you are! I live reading about the baby news which I will never get enough of:) keep telling us what is going on because that University of Oklahoma degree we paid for that John got in communication just covers sports stuff. Betsy
Love this blog !!! Saying prayers for you and Baby M! Hope you keep blogging - and your day is full of burritos!
Well thanks everyone for the sweet comments! Sasha, I'm laughing about thte donut cake. Surely this no sweets thing can't last. Betsy, yes, it's a good thing he went for that Masters in Landscape Architecture. =)
Awesome! This will be a great way for us to keep up with the Mabry family. Congrats, again!
Ethan is made up of chips and queso and Amy's Ice Cream, specifically the "Elvis," which is Mexican vanilla ice cream with bananas and Reese's peanut butter cups. What was weird was the colder the weather, the more I craved the ice cream. I love the updates! Thanks!!!
ahhhhh!! Britni, I'm so excited for you guys and I'm so excited you're blogging!! I'm just cracking up at your eating and cravings...I love it. I'm 34 weeks and just got a lecture from my doctor about "trying to not gain anymore weight" (i'm up 50 lbs.). Yeah, that's funny because I can't stop eating carbs and not exercising ;). Praying for Baby M and a wonderful pregnancy!
Post a Comment