Sunday, April 8, 2012

18 Weeks.



Well the bump is officially there ALL day now. This may have been the last time I slipped into these coral pants, that have officially become jeggings.. until next year (or never).  I can't believe I'm almost halfway there. These past few weeks, I've started to feel little flutters when I lay down at night. I can't wait to be able to feel this child start moving all the time. John and I are so excited for baby M to be here, however I'm starting to feel so unprepared. Everyone is telling me that's the nesting kicking in, but I'm not a fan. I think it's mainly because we've been looking for a house for over a year, and are hoping to find something before the baby arrives. I've been waiting to order things for the nursery, only because I would like to have them sent to the new home. I know I need to realize everything will work out, and this baby won't care where they come home too. They will still have their own room they won't need if we do end up staying for a bit. Since I'm trying to be as prepared as possible, I thought I'd start with Hank.

We've gotten some pretty sweet and thoughtful gifts from friends for baby M. One of our friend's gave us this book, And Baby Makes Four, which is suppose to prepare your dog for the big changes ahead.


After reading this, I came to the conclusion Hank pretty much runs our house. I realized John, Hank, and l just disregard everything we learned in dog training school. Side note- Hank didn't pass. Bad mom alert, I was out of town for 3 weeks in a row, and John took over. Apparently this is a "big no no". It made us laugh. Sorry our dog doesn't want to sit there for 2 minutes while everyone and their dog stares at him, I'd say forget it after a minute and a half as well. We told Hank on the drive home he was still Best in Show and I'm sure we stopped to get him ice cream.  He doesn't ask for much, but he's so stinkin sweet, why wouldn't he get everything he wants? Exhibit A. Keep in mind Hank is  78
errr 70 lbs...


We're by no means worried about Hank being around a baby, we just don't want him to feel neglected. He's so sweet with our nieces and nephews. They will pull on him, drag him around on his leash, and "train him"/yell at him. He's so patient and only wants to clean their faces off, which is greatly appreciated for the most part. I have no doubt Baby Mabry and him will be BFF. This is a onsie, our friend's Lindsay and Tom got for us. =)



Our big anatomy ultrasound is Tuesday, we can't wait to see the baby again. I've been told if I can get through this appointment without finding out the sex, I'll be good : /. Please keep us in your prayers for a healthy baby, they are really appreciated!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Praying for a healthy baby M tomorrow! I L.O.V.E the onesie from Tom & Lindsay! Adorable. You look so good, Brit!