These are three letters that usually scream Do Not Attempt to me. My first and only DIY attempt so far was a Starburst mirror I saw on Pinterest. What I wouldn't give to have a picture of that thing right now. I mean, it didn't even make it to the garage sale with the move, but went straight to the dumpster. If I had a better glue gun and a little more patience, it might have turned out okay. It was up in our bedroom at our old house and it made me laugh. I would notice a "ray" would start to fall about once a week, and when John "accidentally" knocked it off the wall we just threw it back up there for the time being. I used it as a daily reminder to get off Pinterest and never repin anything DIY again. So with that being said, I did a little impromptu project for the nursery Saturday. We' ve been looking for a piece of art for sometime now. We'd finally decide on something, and it would no longer be available. I was tired of searching, and time's starting to run out, so I logged on to Pinterest for 30 seconds (patient) Tuesday night and saw this. I thought it would be fun to do for our nursery until we find something we love or know the sex for that matter. Side note- John was obviously against this project and told me I didn't "have time" to do it. I knew what he was thinking, "Starburst Mirror disaster". So here's how it turned out.
I think it goes well over our dresser/changing table for now. I will post pictures soon of the whole room, when we have it finished. My parents came over Saturday morning to help hang the curtains and everything's just about done. The only thing we're waiting on is a few small things and our glider we ordered at the beginning of May. It was suppose to ship at the end of July, but they just let me know the fabric's on back order and planning to arrive by September 13th. Seriously? You'd think I ordered a wedding dress or was trying to adopt a child. Hope it's here when we get home from the hospital! That thing might come in handy.

5 comments:
Good job, Brit! I'm impressed. And I think your chair will come early :)
Fun! Are these above the cool mid century piece?
Love it! True story: Toby just walked up and said "cool art!" :) xoxo
Well thank you ladies and Toby. Sasha, yes it's right above the "mid century" piece. ; )
B! I love your art! Start an etsy shop! Can't wait to see
Baby m's nursery ! Margo
Post a Comment