Sunday, December 30, 2012

4 Months


These monthly pictures are starting to get a little more difficult with Mr. Max. He managed to kick off his shoes, started messing with his 4 month sticker, and spit up all down his onsie. I can only imagine what month 12 will look like. I also didn't realize my camera setting was off, and since time was limited, I ended up using my phone. Once again here are some blurry phone pictures (I guess the new phone hasn't helped too much, although it's probably the user).







Please ignore the finger.



Max is becoming pretty independent and can entertain himself with certain toys these days. This has been nice for us to be somewhat hands free at times. We'll hear him cooing and laughing at his toys hanging from his papison and play yard, and pretty much any object on the ceiling. He's starting to grab at everything and just figured out how to pull down his toys from his carrier and play yard. He tries to imitate words and sounds we make, which makes me laugh. These past few weeks he's really started to smile and laugh often.

Here are a few things Max loves right now:

His new Fisher Price dog that sings and talks to him.

The hanging ball and musical fish on his play yard. He will bring his legs up to kick the ball. He might take after his dad (and mom in 1st and 2nd grade) and love to play soccer. He also might have some strong abs with all the leg lifts he does.

He loves to "dance". I will put on my Pandora and we dance to whatever's playing in the mix. He really gets his legs going at times, which cracks us up.

He prefers to stand over sit, and tries to sit up when laying back. I sometimes find him laying in the opposite direction he was in when I left him.

He's not a big fan of tummy time and will even roll over to get out of it.

He loves to be read to, and looks intently at every page.

His favorite time of day is still his bath. I'm about to have to stop encouraging the kicking, since I'm pretty much soaked afterwards.

We go in for his 4 month appointment next Friday. I'm anxious to see how big the little bugger has gotten. I weighed him this past week and he was 19 lbs!! Keep in mind the 16 month old I saw yesterday was 20 pounds. Hopefully he'll just start to grow tall and this will level out. If not, we might have a little line backer on our hands.

No comments: