Monday, August 5, 2013

11!












It's hard to believe Max will no longer be considered a baby in a month. This past year has flown, and each month seems to go by quicker and quicker. We've had a fun and busy month with little man, and after recent events with our house, we're even more grateful for every moment spent with him. His laugh and smile make us laugh every day, along with everything he's starting to pick up. He's trying to sign words, besides eat, and they all somehow are the same waving motion. He puts his hand up and turns it from side to side (milk and fish, if you didn't know). I hope he's going to be pretty friendly considering he has the biggest wave of all time. I mean, arm straight up in the air and moves his whole arm up and down, when saying "buh-bye".  One of his toys says "bye bye" when it's shutting down and the other night he turned around and waved at it before crawling away. He has his front 2 teeth popping through, so no more Michael Strahan. We think he's going to be one strong willed child. It's shown from the beginning, but it's become apparent this trait is probably here to stay. M loves to stack items, put shapes through his bucket, put objects in/ on another, anything that spins, wheels, scooting items across the floor and wall, knobs, opening and closing cabinets, the TV remote, playing catch with himself, reading peek-a-boo books, Goodnight Moon, feeding others his food and drink, and he gets so excited to walk to you with his walker, and play peek-a-boo. He just started taking a couple steps here and there, and will sometimes stands independently. He babbles, "ma ma ma", although I'm still holding out for a direct "ma ma", "ba" (ball), "buh buh" (bottle), "ma ma" (more), "wa wa" (water) and "boo" (peek-a-boo). We almost have all the b's down! He's been making this high pitched noise around Hank lately, and we think he's saying "Arf". He's really into carbs these days: tortillas, sweet potatoes, and any type of cracker are his faves. He will actually pick out what he likes, and drop the rest for Hank. Hank is loving life right now. I think giving up his bottle next month is going to be quite the challenge. We've been working on a sippy for some time now, but he prefers to blow the water when it comes out, including through a straw (I think he's trying to imitate the drinking sound we make). : /I hope this next month slows down, but we're looking forward to celebrating his first birthday with family.



Daddy's Caddy

"Ba ... I'm on it, dad."

Boating with his cousins at Table Rock Lake.

Cammers!

Captain Addy 

 Not the biggest fan of the oversized life jacket.

Max started waving at John and I, without being prompted.

Trying to nap in a bathroom of mirrors= waving at all the fun babies.



Looking for deer. 
Enjoying a refreshing drink with dad.

New play room.


Thankful to have Addison entertaining him on the way to Vegas.

M loves Cam.

Fun with his cousins.

"All these girls are so much fun!"

We found a ball!

One perk of being up at 3:45 am Vegas time.

We visited the Lion Habitat Ranch while we were there.



I thought this was a pretty sunset. Apparently a fire.

"I love this thing." 

Weeee.

Fun looking at dogs at Guthrie Green.

Lunch at PJ's.

Ready to run.

Mom of the year award...He pulled the camera down during nap time and the cord was wrapped all around him. = /

"Don't try to keep me away from the weather, mom."

Peek- a- boo



                                                      Baby laughs make me so happy....



Next stop, splash pad.

Best Buds

1 comment:

Kylie said...

I can't believe you are 11months Max! You have the best smile ever! XOXOXO